Creating a “Behind the Scenes” Web Page for your Retail Business
A “Behind the Scenes” web page can be a powerful tool for engaging your audience, building trust, and fostering deeper connections with your brand.
Stumped for a creative, valuable project for your company website that will help you on many, many levels? A goldmine of value can be created by crafting, posting and sharing some behind-the-scenes content about who you are, what you do, and how you do it. This kind of content is great for another reason: it’s a thread you can continually pull on and explore for different aspects of your business to appeal to different audiences.
Here’s a detailed expansion on the idea:
What to include:
Behind-the-Scenes Pictures Can Tell a Thousand Tales:
- Team members: Introduce your team with individual portraits, group photos, or candid shots during work hours. Highlight their roles, expertise, and personalities.
- Product development process: Offer glimpses into the design, sourcing, and manufacturing of your products. Include images of sketches, prototypes, workshops, and factories.
- Company events: Share photos from team outings, workshops, charity events, or customer appreciation gatherings.
- Your work environment: Showcase your office, store, or production facilities to give customers a sense of your space and culture.
- Customer testimonials: Include pictures of happy customers using or enjoying your products.
- Raw and unfiltered moments: Don’t shy away from showing bloopers, mistakes, or everyday work situations. This adds authenticity and relatability.
Six “Behind-the-Scenes” Video Ideas:
- Product explainer videos: Give detailed demonstrations and explanations of your products’ features and benefits.
- Meet the team videos: Introduce your team members through short interviews or video profiles.
- Production process videos: Offer a visual tour of how your products are made, from start to finish.
- Company culture videos: Capture the energy and atmosphere of your workplace through fun, dynamic videos.
- Customer testimonials: Take customer feedback to the next level with video testimonials.
- Behind-the-scenes event videos: Offer exclusive glimpses into company events, giving the audience a sense of being there.
Optimizing “Behind the Scenes” content for SEO:
- Use relevant keywords: Research and incorporate keywords related to your business, products, and target audience throughout the page content, including image descriptions, video titles, and meta descriptions.
- Optimize page titles and meta descriptions: Craft compelling titles and summaries that accurately describe the page content and encourage clicks from search engine results pages.
- Structure your content logically: Use headings, subheadings, and bullet points to make your content easy to read and navigate.
- Build internal links: Link to other relevant pages on your website to improve navigation and SEO ranking.
- Promote your content on social media: Share your “Behind the Scenes” content on various social media platforms to reach a wider audience.
- Engage with your audience: Respond to comments and questions to build a community around your brand.
- Maintain a consistent brand voice and tone throughout the content.
- Use high-quality images and videos.
- Tell stories and evoke emotions.
- Offer exclusive content for a more engaging experience.
- Update your content regularly to keep things fresh.
By following these tips and incorporating creative ideas, your “Behind the Scenes” web page can become a valuable tool for building trust, loyalty, and brand awareness among your customers.